Handy Networks LLC is committed to providing all of their customers with a high quality service and access to a free and open Internet. However, we also have legal and ethical responsibilities to the larger Internet, which require us to prohibit our network to be used for certain purposes, which are outlined below.
We reserve the right to make changes to our Acceptable Use Policy at any time. We will notify you of changes to our Acceptable Use Policy via an email to your email address on file. In the event that we make a material change to our Acceptable Use Policy that impacts your ability to use the services we offer, you may terminate the services without penalty.
Reporting Violations of our Acceptable Use Policy
We will collect complaints and reports of violations of our Acceptable Use Policy on a 24x7 basis. If you believe you are the receiving end of any prohibited activities originating from our network, you can report them to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. While we cannot guarantee that we will respond to every complaint individually, we will act on each complaint. If you are reporting an Intellectual Property violation, please follow our DMCA Policy.
Our Responsibilities to our Customers
We will forward complaints to our customers, via the email address they have on file with us and provide you with a reasonable window to respond to the complaint prior to taking action to restrict, suspend or terminate your services, with the following exceptions:
- The reported abuse is creating network or service disruptions for other customers on our network.
- We believe the abuse complaint is credible and that the abusive network traffic is still on-going.
- We are compelled to restrict, suspend or terminate services based upon a court order or similar law enforcement action.
Customer Responsibilities to Handy Networks, LLC
We understand that many of our customers use our services as part of a larger service offering that they provide to the end users. It is our preference to take a collaborative approach to resolving network abuse. However, we have the following expectations:
- Ensure that your end users comply with our Acceptable Use Policy
- Respond within 24 hours to any and all abuse complaints we receive.
- Take reasonable efforts to identify and suspend end users who are violating our acceptable use policy
- Take reasonable efforts to prevent recurring abuse issues, when identified by our support team.
Violations of Acceptable Use Policy
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate services for any violations of our Acceptable Use Policy, without notice. No refunds will be provided for any accounts that are terminated for violations of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Unlawful Activities – The services shall not be used in violation of any criminal, civil or administrative violation of any applicable local, state, federal, national or international law, treaty, court order, ordinance, regulation or administrative rule. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fraudulent activities.
- Unlawful high yield investment plans, Ponzi schemes or linking to and or advertising such schemes.
- Threats, harassment and abuse of any individual, organization or business.
- Terrorist websites or other sites advocating human violence and hate crimes based upon religion, ethnicity, country of origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Unlawful gambling activities.
- Unsolicited Electronic Communications – The services shall not be used to send Unsolicited Electronic Communications, which is the sending of unsolicited communications, via electronic means, to any person or persons the sender does not know or have prior explicit consent to send the message(s) to. This category of prohibited uses includes SPAM/UCE, blog spam, Facebook spam, twitter spam, etc. Additionally, the service shall not be used to host any web site or application that is advertised via any unsolicited electronic communication.
- Hacking – The services shall not be used for hacking, attacking, gaining access to, breaching, circumventing or testing the vulnerability of the user authentication or security of any host, network, server, computer, router, software, application without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Malware – The service may not be used to distribute malware, viruses, root kits, password crackers, adware, key stroke loggers, and any other software generally considered to be malicious.
- Phishing - The service shall not be used to for any activities that are designed to collect personal information under false pretenses.
- Denial of Service – The service shall not be used to launch denial of service or distributed denial of services against any computer system or computer network. Additionally, in the event the service is attacked by a third party DDoS or DoS, we reserve the right to immediately null route the IP being attacked, without prior notification.
- Violations of Intellectual Property Rights – The service shall not be used in any manner that results in a violation of intellectual property rights. The process for submitting a DMCA complaint or counter-claim is outlined here.
- Opt-Out E-mail Marketing - Opt-Out mailing lists are strictly prohibited. This includes any lists or databases purchased or otherwise obtained from third parties, as the persons on such lists did not specifically solicit mail from you. Any mailing lists you maintain must be true confirmed opt-in in nature. This requires a user to specifically request to be added to your mailing list. In addition, any opt-in mailing lists must include an automated unsubscribe facility where clicking on a link within the e-mail will automatically and immediately unsubscribe users from lists. Reply-to e-mail addresses to unsubscribe are known to be ignored and are unreliable, therefore not permitted.
- Service Degrading Activities –Services shall not be used in any manner that degrades or interferes with any other customers ability to fully enjoy their services.
Last Revised: November 12, 2013