Using Enterprise Manager to Administer Your SQL 2000 Database
Posted by Jay Sudowski (Import) on 03 October 2003 05:18 AM
MS SQL SERVER 2000 - Connecting to a Remote SQL Server Using Enterprise Manager
Please follow the instructions below:
1) Open the SQL Server Client Network Utililty (Start -> Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server -> Client Network Utility)
2) Click on the "Alias" tab
3) Click "Add" and enter the following information:
Server Alias - Handy Hosting
Network Library - TCP/IP
Computer Name - 126.96.36.199
Port Number - 1533
4) Click OK
5) Click OK - This will close out the Client Network Utility
6) Open Enterprise Manager. Right Click "Microsoft SQL Servers" and select "New SQL Server Registration" This will open a wizard. Click Next.
7) Select "Handy Hosting" from the list of available servers and "Add" it. Click Next.
8) Choose to connect using SQL Server Authentication
9) Enter your assigned username and password. Keep on clicking next until the wizard is completed.
If you don't have Enterprise Manager, you may install it on your computer by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d20ba6e1-f44c-4781-a6bb-f60e02dc1335&displaylang=en, downloading SQL 2000 Trial Edition. Once downloaded, choose the custom installation and just install the 'client tools' portion. These tools will continue to work past the 120 window provided by the trial software.